SAIC, a Fortune 500 company that applied science, engineering, and technology to the marine environment, is seeking an Environmental Acoustics Analyst who can:
- Analyze impacts of USN sound-in-the-water operations on marine resources and generate required regulatory reports on environmental compliance.
- Review USN environmental planning and compliance documents (e.g., NEPA EIS, EO 12114 OEIS, ESA BA, MMPA LOA, CZMA CD, essential fish habitat assessments) for accuracy and completeness.
Applicants shoul have experience with:
- Experience working with in a multi-disciplinary team that may include preparing and reviewing environmental assessments, environmental impact statements, field studies, and surveys to support USN exercises.
- Knowledge of marine physics-of-sound, effects of military operations on the marine environment.
- Knowledge of primary environmental laws, regulations, statutes, and DoN and DoD policies applicable to USN training activities (e.g., NEPA, ESA, MMPA, CZMA, EO 12114, Magnuson-Stevens Fishery Conservation and Management Act).
- Experience analyzing implications of new acoustic and ecological research on marine mammals, fish, and other marine species to ensure compliance with federal and state laws, regulations, and natural resource management policy applicable to naval training exercises.
- Knowledge of modeling of acoustic effects of sonar, explosives, or munitions on the marine environment.
- Prior military experience in anti-submarine warfare (ASW) desired.
For more information, click the link.