The AMS Summer Policy Colloquium brings a select group to Washington, D.C. for an intense, ten-day immersion in atmospheric policy.
- Provides an overview of policy basics, and how decisions are made governing
thecourse and future of atmospheric
- Provides opportunities for participants to meet and dialog with the federal officials, Congressional staffers, and others who make those decisions
- Surveys current atmospheric policy issues
- Uses the case study method to
explore a limited number of issues, both past and present, in depth and detail
- Helps participants build skills, experience, and contacts they can use throughout their careers to understand and influence the atmospheric policy process
- Helps participants gauge their aptitude for and interest in the challenges of matching atmospheric science to national priorities, and scientific program leadership.