2009 DC Travel Information
Dates and Times
Check-in begins at 3pm on Friday, September 11. The official program starts with dinner at 6pm on September 11 and ends at 2:30pm on September 17. Lodging will be provided through the morning of September 17. (If you need accommodations on the night of September 17 due to your flight arrangements, please let Eiko know by August 5.)
Location (both for training and lodging)
ONE WASHINGTON CIRCLE HOTEL
One Washington Circle NW
Washington, DC 20037
(202) 872-1680 / (800) 424-9671
*Nearest Metro station: Foggy Bottom - GWU station on Blue and Orange lines
Reagan National Airport (DCA) and Dulles International Airport (IAD) are the most convenient airports to the hotel. We ask that you work with our travel agent, Summit Travel Group (see below), to book your flights so that we will be billed directly.
Summit Travel Group: Marilyn Prout
Phone: (650) 688-3578
• Please be sure to indicate that you're a participant in the Leopold Leadership Program.
• If you plan to fly out from Dulles (IAD) on 9/17, please select a flight departing after 5:00pm. Security lines tend to be long and DC traffic can be very heavy.
• If you wish to combine the trip with other business, or book your flights independently for any reason, please contact us for reimbursement procedures before booking your flights. Please be aware that reimbursements will be made after the travel is completed.
• The program will only pay for the lowest-priced round-trip coach fare available. Any costs associated with upgrades or changes made for personal reasons will be your responsibility.
Arrival on 9/11: Due to the fact that D.C. has plenty of public transportation, it will be up to you to determine the best route to take from the airport to the hotel. Please refer to the following websites to plan your travel:
Departure on 9/17: Shuttles will be arranged from the hotel to Dulles Airport (IAD) and Reagan Airport (DCA) departing around 2:45pm.
*We are not able to pay for rental cars between the airports and the hotel.
Deadline for Arrangements
Please make flight arrangements by Friday, August 14, 2009.
To be reimbursed for travel expenses such as parking, transportation to/from your home and airport, meals during the trip, etc., please refer to Travel Reimbursement.